Nigeria's Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu's spokesperson, Dan Nwomeh, in a statement said, the founder of the foundation, Atedo Peterside, informed the ministry that all private hospitals affected by the outbreak would receive N100, 000 per bed space. The statement said Mr. Peterside disclosed that First Consultant Hospital would be the first beneficiary of the foundation's donation.
The hospital will receive N4 million since it has 40 bed spaces. Nigeria recorded its first Ebola case on July 20 when Liberian-American, Patrick Sawyer, came with the disease into Lagos. Mr. Sawyer died at First Consultant Hospital, Obalende, Lagos on July 24. So far, 12 people have tested positive to the deadly disease out of which five have died, including the Mr. Sawyer. Five others were discharged while the other two people are already responding to treatment.