Advertise Here

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Obasanjo In Secret Deal With Boko Haram Over Abducted Girls



President Olusegun Obasanjo is not happy with the way Boko Haram is killing innocent Nigerians everyday and he has openly declared that the government of President Jonathan is overwhelmed by the terrorists.

Consequently, the former Nigerian President has decided to intervene in order to bring back our girls from the den of the deadly sect. A credible source told AFP that Obasanjo met with people close to Boko Haram in a move to secure the release of over 200 girls kidnapped in Chibok, Borno State, on April 14.

The meeting took place at Obasanjo’s farm in Ogun State, Southern Nigeria, and was attended by relatives of very senior Boko Haram leaders as well as intermediaries.

“The meeting was focused on how to free the girls through negotiation,” said the source who requested anonymity due to the sensitive nature of the top secret meeting.



Reports of the talks emerged as Nigeria’s Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh, said the girls had been located in some Boko Haram camps but doubted the prospect of rescuing them by force.

It would be recalled that Obasanjo, who left office in 2007, previously sought to negotiate with the insurgents in September 2011 after Boko Haram bombed the United Nations headquarters in Abuja.

Then, he flew to the Islamists’ base in the Borno State capital, Maiduguri, to meet relatives of ex-Boko Haram leader Mohammed Yusuf, who was killed in Police custody in 2009.

Obasanjo, who remains an influential figure in Nigerian politics, is not happy the way FG is handling the case.

0 comments:

Post a Comment